Back in the Dirt July 1, 2019

After several years the bug is back.  In my defense I did not give it up intentionally.  In 2013 my detecting partner and lifelong best friend and sister was diagnosed with cancer, Multiple Myeloma.  She fought long and very hard and outlived the expected time but eventually succumbed in June of 2017.  And then in late July my elderly and invalid mother became ill and was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.  She passed away 6 weeks later in September 2017.  I actually handled all of this quite well at the time because of the rest of the family.  I felt like I had to keep it together.  But then in October of 2017 it all caught up with me and I ended up in my doctors office having a panic attack, crying uncontrollable and my blood pressure was at stroke level.  So since then  I have retired and have been at home pretty much doing nothing.  I used to go out and walk every day.  I don't anymore.  I feel like a recluse.  I am sitting here waiting for my husband to retire.  When will that be.  The camper is waiting.

So enough of that.  I got the AT PRO out for about an hour in the yard and found a couple of pennies and a little trash, and piece of tin tubing.  It's a start.

Comments